Our program offers the opportunity for all children to progress at their own pace. A variety of teaching methods are incorporated daily with play being an important part of the student’s day.
Art, Music, and Movement
Our music program, Movin’and Groovin’, provides an additional opportunity for all ages to be introduced to music, movement, and rhythm. Remembering that art is process oriented, students are introduced to different artists, styles and media. Art and music are also included in the regular classrooms.
Threes and Younger
Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS) are utilized in the younger classrooms as a guideline. The five domains: 1.Physical, 2.Social, 3.Emotional, 4.Play, and 5.Communication, Language and Literacy, and Cognitive Development, make up the GELDS. Fiction and nonfiction stories are read-aloud to increase vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Handwriting Without Tears, is a reached - based, multi-sensory curriculum developed by an occupational therapist.
- Imagine It! is a pre-k reading readiness curriculum used in our pre-k classes.
- Everyday Mathematics is incorporated during circle time and teacher directed centers. This curriculum allows students to gain an understanding of mathematical concepts and a solid mathematical foundation.
- Science and Social Studies are unit based.
- Open Court Reading is utilized in our kindergarten class to provide mastery of sight words and concept skills.
- Explode The Code is reserach-based, multisensory and includes a sequence of skills-based student books with coordinating placement tests and instructional support. This curriculum builds the essential literacy skills needed for reading success: phonological awareness, decoding, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency and spelling.
- Everyday Mathematics emphasizes hands-on learning and a logical sequencing of skills. This curriculum allows students to gain an understanding of mathematical concepts and a solid mathematical foundation.
- Science and Social Studies are unit based. These units are rich in vocabulary and allow for higher level thinking.