Our program offers the opportunity for all children to progress at their own pace. A variety of teaching methods are incorporated daily with play being an important part of the student’s day.
Our music program, Movin’and Groovin’, provides an additional opportunity for all ages to be introduced to music, movement, and rhythm. Remembering that art is process oriented, students are introduced to different artists, styles and media. Art and music are also included in the regular classrooms.
Threes and Younger
Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards (GELDS) are utilized in the younger classrooms as a guideline. The five domains: 1.Physical, 2.Social, 3.Emotional, 4.Play, and 5.Communication, Language and Literacy, and Cognitive Development, make up the GELDS.
- Handwriting Without Tears, was developed by an occupational therapist and is a multi- sensory approach to handwriting. This curriculum is used with our pre-k students.
- Imagine It! is a pre-k reading readiness curriculum used in our pre-k classes.
- Everyday Mathematics is incorporated during circle time and teacher directed centers.
- Science and Social Studies are unit based.
- Open Court Reading is utilized in our kindergarten class to provide mastery of sight words and concept skills.
- Explode the Code is the primary reading resource and emphasizes letter recognition and sounds.
- Everyday Mathematics emphasizes hands-on learning and a logical sequencing of skills.
- Science and Social Studies are unit based. These units are rich in vocabulary and allow for higher level thinking.